Wednesday 8 October 2014

Raw Theatre Productions are putting on Cyrano De Bergerac

 
 
 

 Raw Theatre are relative new comers to the Dubai Theatre scene though not to the theatrical world. Brother James and Chris Gaddas have both been involved in theatre in the UK with James being a familiar face on British stage and TV. The brothers have teamed up with some of our Dubai talent and between the 16th and 18th of October at DUCTAC in Mall of the Emirates you can treat yourselves to RAW's production of Cyrano De Bergerac.



Being an utter philistine my complete knowledge of Cyrano De Bergerac is made up of childhood stories of high romance and the 1987 movie "Roxanne"  as a modern take on Edmund Rostand's play.  Oh my gosh did I say "modern"? 1987  that was  27 years ago! I am sooooooo old. Not as old as the original work at 117 years young. I would say that this is a story that has stood the test of time. 
 
I am looking forward to seeing my first Raw production in the form of Glyn Maxwell's adaptation of the original play.
 

 





Practise makes perfect

Tickets are available at DUCTAC at Mall of the Emirates on-line and at the DUCTAC box office. You can all DUCTAC on
04 3414777


No comments: